The Goodwine Cooperative Grain company is the oldest operating cooperative elevator still in business in the state of Illinois. The company was incorporated on October 15, 1889. The incorporators were J.H. Rosenberry, Alonzo Carman, Jehu Judy, Robert J. Geddes, and John H. Hoffman. Sixty-seven stockholders subscribed for $3000.00 of the capital stock, which was the original amount issued.
The Goodwine facility, which is where the main office is located today, was the original facility. In 1920, the Alonzo elevator was built 3 miles east of Goodwine. In 1995 the Fountain Creek facility, originally known as Hopwood, was added. The Bryce facility was purchased in 2001 and the East Lynn storage facility was purchased in 2007.
Today, the company has 5 locations with over 4 million bushels of storage, and 15 full time employees. The current members of the Board of Directors are Bruce Crist (President), Steve Rapp (Vice President), Robert Geddes (Secretary), Bill Betka, Doug Van Hoveln, Keith Knapp, and Brent Neukomm.